[AUUG-Talk]: American Book Store -- false advertising

Liz Carroll busmgr at auug.org.au
Mon Aug 2 17:28:04 EST 2004

AUUG had an arrangement with the American Bookstore in place
since the AUUG conference was run in Brisbane in 1997.  However,
this has now changed, a situation of which we have just been made
aware.  As such, ads will no longer appear in AUUGN.

Part of the reason for this change is that the American Bookstore
is now focusing more on educational IT books for TAFE and Uni.

AUUG apologises that the ad in AUUGN was misleading - it was not
AUUG's or the American Bookstore's intention.

Regards
Liz Carroll
AUUG Business Manager