[Talk] [Bsd] Unwanted spam (fwd)

david.newall at auug.org.au david.newall at auug.org.au
Tue Nov 4 19:27:22 EST 2003

"Mackey, David" <David.Mackey at noie.gov.au> wrote:
> Please remove me from this [bsd] list immediately. It is generating
> bucket loads of spam.

We've been getting spam on the bsd list for quite some time.  I have
raised this subject (to postmaster and the bsd list) a few times.
It should be set to "subscriber posting only", which would take almost
no time.  I recognise that we're a (mostly) volunteer run organisation,
but that's no reason to piss off people by ennui, especially important
people like noie staff.  I respectfully request that the list be changed
asap, indeed that all of the (member) mailing lists be set accordingly?