[Talk] Professional trolling (followup to: analysis?)

david.newall at auug.org.au david.newall at auug.org.au
Sat Jun 21 16:28:16 EST 2003

David Purdue <david.purdue at auug.org.au> wrote:
> So how many Windows users can put their hand up and say, honestly, that
> they have never sworn their head off at a Blue Screen Of Death?

Oh no, David, we Windows users *love* the blue screen of death because
it gives us time for coffee or ciggy breaks, reading the newspaper, and
sometimes even War and Peace.  There's nothing quite so good a stand-in
for proper error handling as the BSOD.  It simplifies programming, and
makes for tighter, faster code.  Think of the BSOD as, "Bill's Superior
Optimisation Design."