[Talk] Shocking new SPAM tactic

Greg Rose ggr at qualcomm.com
Tue Oct 22 17:13:33 EST 2002

At 04:06 PM 10/22/2002 +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>On Tuesday, 22 October 2002 at 15:59:20 +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> > Congratulations for having been able to avoid this nasty trick for
> > such a long time!

The nasty trick that I've seen a couple of times in the last few weeks is
spam that is packaged in the form of a *rejection notice* for spam that
I've apparently sent to someone else. After verifying headers and path
tracking and so on, I eventually convinced myself that the rejection was
actually formatted into the spam...

These guys are just too tricky.

Greg (no, not that one).