[Talk] Shocking new SPAM tactic

Adam Donnison adam at saki.com.au
Tue Oct 22 15:19:15 EST 2002

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is not a new
tactic.  I regularly find these sorts of spam in my spam
blocker logs and have done so for at least 12 months.
At current count around 5% of incoming spam here falls into
this category.

What upsets me far more is when I receive abuse notification
from sites that find spam that has used my domain in their
From: headers.  They didn't originate from this domain, but
I still end up having to placate irate sysadmins, and explain
to them how it has happened.

Adam