[Talk] Unix vs WIn2K

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Sat Nov 23 13:16:26 EST 2002

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 12:58:20PM +1100, Steve Jenkin wrote:
> Have you guys seen this?  Popped up on the CLUG list.
> Any comments?  Is it really the document it purports to be?

Not being an authoritative source for this: yes, this story is
similair to the others I have read about the hotmail to w2k migration.
(of which I can't recall the URLs but if you check the FreeBSD
mailing-list archive they will pop up)
They all tell the same story: migration was an enforced one, problems
with the batching/automatic stuff due to GUI enforcements but at
the end it all worked fine.
What this one added was two specific things: the obscure registry
editing and the "windows recognizes any kind of hardware if you're
lucky" statement.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org