[Talk] Some thoughts on AUUG, LUG's and their future

david.newall at auug.org.au david.newall at auug.org.au
Sat Jul 6 01:26:58 EST 2002

I agree with Greg Black that we should revert to the original, "Australian
Unix Users Group."  The reference to Open Systems is a fairly recent
change, which I understand was incorporated into our name largely as
a reference to X.  I don't think VMS users are part of our charter,
whether or not they use X, and doubly so for X on Windows.

Our purpose is a support group/fan club for people who use unix (the
philosophy if not the trademark); period.