[Talk] Web Browser Exclusion

Anthony David adavid at adavid.com.au
Mon Dec 9 17:48:09 EST 2002

"Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <Greg.Lehey at auug.org.au> writes:

> On Sunday,  8 December 2002 at  3:17:07 +1100, David J N Begley wrote:
> > Whilst this may not be Unix-specific, it certainly affects those of us not
> > using a "mainstream" platform more than anyone else...
>
> I'm not sure it's off topic.  It is an issue in the use of open
> standards, which, as you know, AUUG strongly promotes.

Speaking of standards, anyone tried to watch the Parliament Broadcast
on http://www.aph.gov.au/. I complained and got a rude answer back.

Now to get an open streaming standard that sites will adopt widely.
Unfortunately its fractured by proprietary protocols.

--
Anthony David

Gambling(n): A discretionary tax on those asleep during high school maths
http://adavid.com.au/
0xA72CE1ED fingerprint = EA1E C69E FE59 BBE1 AA4B  F354 BD09 9765 A72C E1ED