[Talk] A request of real-world SysAdmins/SysManagers/CIOs...

Gary Schmidt Gary.Schmidt at oz.quest.com
Thu Dec 5 15:35:20 EST 2002

Just a quick questions folks:

What is the current attitude towards running JVMs on production systems
these days?

I know that recent Oracle versions require it, but what about other
software?

I've been hiding out as a developer for the last few years, and it may be
that my prejudices and biases are out of date.

I'll be looking at an internal presentation, where they plan to use Java to
write monitoring software, and I'd like to be able to reflect the
real-world's attitudes, as none of the developers involved are even vaguely
_aware_ that there exists a real-world, with resource and other constraints
that systems labour under.

	Cheers,
		Gary	B-)