[Talk] Re: auug.org.au mailing list memberships reminder

Greg 'groggy' Lehey Greg.Lehey at auug.org.au
Thu Aug 1 11:30:17 EST 2002

On Thursday,  1 August 2002 at 11:04:13 +1000, Greg Black wrote:
> mailman-owner at auug.org.au wrote:
>
>> This is a reminder, sent out once a month, about your auug.org.au
>> mailing list memberships.  [...]
>
> Please turn off this spam.

This isn't spam, it's relevant information.

> Nobody on these lists is so incompetent that they can't work out how
> to unsubscribe for themselves.

I frequently respond to messages of the form "unsubscribe" sent to
mailing lists instead of majordomo, despite the fact that *every*
message sent to that list contains unsubscribe instructions.  You'll
understand, therefore, that I disagree with your claim.  I also don't
know what use it serves to send this emotion to the entire talk list.

I'm sorry if you don't like our choice of mailing list software.  It's
open source, though, so if you feel like adding a knob "don't send me
unsubscription reminders", I'm sure we'd find a way to incorporate it.

Greg