AUUG 2006 registration now online

Steve Landers steve at digitalsmarties.com
Thu Sep 14 22:48:23 EST 2006

Folks,

AUUG 2006 registration is now available via the link on http://
new.auug.org.au/

Sincere apologies for the delays in getting to this point (I've
covered them in another thread on AUUG-Talk) but I hope you'll agree
that we have a quality program covering a diverse range of topics
relevant to Unix, Linux and Open Source professionals.

In particular, I'd like to highlight a Keynote Presentation by Lars
Rasmussen of Google.
Lar's talk is entitled "Google Maps -- Organizing the World's
Information, Geographically". Lars will discuss the many pieces of
the puzzle comprising Google Maps - for example, the Google Maps site
is built as a single page consisting almost entirely of JavaScript.
(The acronym "AJAX" was later coined to describe this approach.)  He
will discuss the pros and cons of AJAX, and delve into some
particular technical challenges that had to be met. Lars will also
give a high-level overview of the challenges involved in working with
spatial data: making it searchable, routable, and browsable. The
field is relatively new to Google, and most of the challenges still
lie ahead.

A program overview is available at http://new.auug.org.au/
events_store/auug2006/overview

Now it's over to you to make the conference a success!

Best regards

Steve

--
Steve Landers, Vice President
AUUG - The Organisation for Unix, Linux and Open Source Professionals
mailto:steve.landers at auug.org.au