Problems with Knoppix CD-R in this month's AUUGN

Greg 'groggy' Lehey Greg.Lehey at auug.org.au
Wed Dec 24 14:49:55 EST 2003

I've just had a report of data errors on the Knoppix 3.3 CD-R that was
included with this month's AUUGN.  I've tried it myself and had
similar problems.  It looks as if at least some of the CD-Rs are
defective.

If you're interested in one of both of these CD-Rs, could you please
reply to me (not to auug-announce, which won't accept your message)
and tell me:

1.  Does the Knoppix CD-R work for you?
2.  Does the FreeBSD CD-R work for you?
3.  Do you want a replacement?  If so, please include shipping
    address.

Due to the festive season, I'm afraid that replacements will take a
few weeks to get through.  In this case, we may replace it with a more
up-to-date CD-R.  If you really want 3.3 and not the latest and
greatest, please let us know that too.

Greg