Nominations Announced; Voting Commences

Australian Open Source Awards Committee osa-nominations at auug.org.au
Thu Aug 28 18:35:12 EST 2003

Dear Member,

The nominations for the 2003 Australian Open Source Awards have been
announced. As usual, we had more nominees than required for the ballot.
While it is always difficult to rank so many highly deserved nominations,
I think you will agree that all the finalists are worthy of recognition.

The committee would like to extend our thanks to all those members who put
forward nominations... without your involvement there is no doubt that the
"quiet acheivers" of Australian open source would go unnoticed.

The final ballot is online at:

   http://www.auug.org.au/awards/aosa/vote.html

Please take a few minutes to visit this page, reflect on the immense
contributions to our community from each of the finalists, and VOTE.

Only AUUG members hold the prerogative to vote for these awards, and
I urge to to exercise this right. By casting your ballot, you are helping
to raise the profile of open source in Australia and recognising the efforts
of those who have contributed most to our community.

Regards,

Michael Paddon
Australian Open Source Awards Committee