AUUG 2003 - the conference fast approaches!

David Purdue david.purdue at auug.org.au
Wed Aug 27 14:11:09 EST 2003

AUUG'2003 Conference - "Open Standards, Open Source, Open Computing"

The Duxton Hotel, Milsons Point, Sydney
3-5 September, 2003

The AUUG annual national conference is for UNIX, Linux, BSD and Open
Source end users, corporations, government agencies, developers and
vendors.

AUUG 2003 will address a wide range of topics including Open Source in
Government, IP & Licensing, Security, Authentication, Middleware (MySQL,
Apache & Samba4) plus Linux and BSD coding.

We have a cracker of a conference lined up for you.  Having read most of
the papers already I think I can say that there'll be something for
everyone.

We are pleased to welcome a number of international speakers, including
Phil Karn (a man with more RFCs to his name than some of us have had hot
dinners). It is a pleasure to welcome Phil back to our shores and we
welcome his insight on the state of the Internet.

Of course, the conference is more than just the programme - it's very much
about the people. We've kept the long lunch breaks that we find really
help attendees connect with each other, either informally or through
"Birds of a Feather" (BoF) sessions. And if you haven't been to an AUUG
conference dinner...

AUUG 2003 will be held at the Duxton Hotel, Milsons Point, Sydney 3 - 5
September 2003. Tutorials will be conducted prior to the conference, at
the same venue, from 31 August to 2 September 2003.

Details can be found at:
http://www.auug.org.au/events/2003/auug2003/

Key Partners in the event include: Apple Computer, Sun Microsystems,
Computer Associates, IBM, EverythingLinux, AARnet, The A.S.K. Solutions
Group, Silicon Breeze, Penguin Books Australia, Red Hat and ZDNet Builder
AU.

David Purdue
Vice President
AUUG Inc.