[AUUG-Talk]: Re: Don't close AUUG down!

Peter Jeremy peter.jeremy at alcatel-lucent.com.au
Tue Dec 11 10:34:32 EST 2007

On 2007-Dec-11 09:45:02 +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey <Greg.Lehey at auug.org.au> wrote:
>> thoughts.  I think we should donate all AUUG's assets to the Lions
>> Chair and then carry on as a non-financial institution.  No membership
>> fees, no money to look after; in principle, just the name, the web
>> site and the mailing lists.  I suggest the John Lions chair because it
>> seems to be the most obvious, but that's certainly a matter for
>> discussion.

I also think this is an excellent idea.  The organisation lives on and
retains its history.

The only issue I can see is that AUUG is a registered association and,
under the relevant Victorian legislation, is required to hold AGMs and
provide annual returns.  The constitution could be fairly easily
changed to allow on-line AGMs but there have to be office-bearers who
are responsible for lodging the relevant paperwork and any associated
fees.

--
Peter Jeremy

This email may contain privileged/confidential information. You may not copy or disclose this email to anyone without the written permission of the sender.  If you have received this email in error please kindly delete this message and notify the sender.  Opinions expressed in this email are those of the sender and not necessarily the opinions of the employer.

This email and any attached files should be scanned to detect viruses.  No liability will be accepted by the employer for loss or damage (whether caused by negligence or not) as a result of email transmission.