[Talk] SCO vs. IBM - the gloves come off...

Adam Donnison adam at saki.com.au
Thu Jun 19 13:55:48 EST 2003

I'm not an expert on international copyright legislation, but am
certainly familiar with the provisions of the Australian legislation.

There are 2 classes of breach, one of which is civil, the other
of which is criminal.  Off the top of my head I can't remember the
exact wording, but there are links from IP Australia's website.

There is also a very interesting provision that means that if
the party alleging the breach does so without a provable case then
the defending party can actually sue them for wrongful use of the
copyright act.  But as I say, this is the Australian Copyright
Act, not the US one.

Still, its going to be an interesting battle to watch.

Adam